Tuesday 9 August 2016

Saying Sorry is as simple as the use of a comma

I am learning what is mine and what is yours.
I have learnt how to tie my shoes and when to stop stirring the jam.
I have also learnt where to put the stamp and how to rescue a bee
also how to read the recipes and when to pronounce a silent letter
along with where to walk on the pavement and when to lick the ice-cream
however 
the art of when to not say sorry is which i am still new to.
I'm awfully sorry that I forgot to sing happy birthday in tune
I'm really sorry that I didn't want to go to that one party
Truly I'm sorry when I talked too much about Yeats
I must apologize for that one time when I kept humming
Or when I cried too much looking at a mere copy of Klimt
And I am sorry for holding your hand too much 
Also I forgot to apologize for when i got the hiccups 
I'm just sorry for apologizing about my self-worth
Im sorry if this is too much about me
Im sorry if this makes no sense

I'm sorry for writing this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment